The Faculty of Economic Sciences
The Faculty of Economic Sciences of the “Dimitrie Cantemir” University of Tîrgu Mureş, functions starting with the academic year 1992-1993, the University being the first accredited private university in Transylvania.
This faculty currently operates on the basis of Law No: 136/2005, having two programmes at the Bachelor’s level:Finance and Banking, and The Economy of Commerce, Tourism and Services, programme introduced in 2002, both held in Romanian, the last, also in English, Accredited in 2012 by AHPGS, and two master’s level programmes, European Banking and Capital Markets, Business and Financial Management.
Our mission is to provide many educational opportunities through these degree programmes, in the field of economics, by the development of the academic performance, didactic activity and scientific research.
The students perform their activities in fully tech- equipped classrooms useful for the learning process, and they are permanently involved in various projects, including scientific research activities. They also have study and placement opportunities through the Erasmus + programme.
After graduation, the students are able to work in the field of economics, over 80% of them are working in the first two years after graduation.
- Degree Programmes:
– Finance and Banking
– The Economy of Commerce, Tourism and Services
– The Accountancy and Administration Informatics
Duration of degree programmes: 3 years, full-time
- Profession: economist
- Placement Opportunities: economist, banking, financial, assurance and tourism institutions, economic director, chief accountant, chief financial services, accountant expert, independent external auditor, financial assessor and auditor, stockbroker, teacher.
The training of specialists in the field of economic sciences is an obligatory task for a society that aims towards prosperity.
In this context, starting with the academic year 1992-1993, the “Dimitrie Cantemir” University founded the Faculty of Economic Sciences.
The faculty’s specializations are addressed to those who want to become specialists in the financial domain, banking and stock exchange, capital markets, in the field of business, tourism and services, or to those who want a profession in the field of economics, accounting, Financial-accounting audit, IT applications, valuation of fixed assets and enterprises.
The faculty has a valuable academic staff, consisting of professors with a lot of experience in teaching and in economic and financial practice, young prospects, including graduates of this faculty, as well as of scientists working in the field research.
The scientific activity of the professors is doubled by the writing of manuals, books, treatises and specialized papers for all the subjects in the curriculum.
Degree Programme: Finance and Banking
Political Economy, Informatics, Basic Accounting, Applied Mathematics in Economics, English, Management, Economic History, Community Law, Marketing, Public Finances, Statistics, Currency and Credit, Insurance and social protection, English in the business language, International monetary financial relations, Budget and public treasury, Sociology, Business valuation, Financial engineering, Commercial insurance, Prices and competition, Capital markets, Investments, Banking, Tax System, Control and Financial audit, Managerial accounting, Economic and financial analysis, Commercial law, Financial accounting.
Degree Programme: The Accountancy and Administration Informatics
Political Economy, Informatics, Basic Accounting, Mathematics Applied in Economics, English, Management, Economic History, Community Law, Marketing, Public Finance, Statistics, Financial Management, Credit, International Economic Relations, Credit Institutions Accounting, English in the business language, Sociology, Enterprise Valuation, Prices and Competition, Capital Markets, Managerial Accounting, Economic and Financial Analysis, Computer Programming, Databases, Computer Systems Financial Control, Electronic Commerce, Management Information Systems, Commercial Insurances, Taxation, Financial Audit, Accounting expertise and tax advice, Consolidation accounting.
Degree Programme: The Economy of Commerce, Tourism and Services
Political Economy, Informatics, Basic Accounting, Applied Mathematics in Economics, English, Management, Economic History, Community Law, Marketing, Public Finance, Statistics, Financial Management, English in the business language, Sociology, Prices and Competition, Managerial Accounting, Basics of Merceology, The Economics of Services, Financial Accounting, Economy of Trade and Tourism, Food Merceology, Promotional Techniques, Currency and Credit, Ecotourism and Rural Tourism, Human Resource Management, Management Quality of Services, Consumer Behavior, Commercial Insurance, International Financial Exchange Relations, Economic and Financial Analysis, Traveling Tours, Non Food and Consumer Safety.
Scientific research programmes
- Integrated system of material consumption tracking, consumption of SDV, within the SC. SumelElectromuresS.A.;
- The calculation of the unique production costs at SDV workshop within S.C. SumelElectromuresS.A.;
- The determination of the costs of non-quality in the production of dies, in S.C. SumelElectromuresS.A.;
- study on the impact of IOHN in the textile industry on the consolidated state budget;
- study on the real rate of corporate tax differentiated on micro-enterprises and small and medium-sized enterprises, and the impact on the state budget;
- Study on the capacity of the economic agents to contribute to the GDP in the county of Mureş, with the possibility of detailing them by branch of activity;
- Study on tax evasion in Mureş county – parameterization and reference systems;
- Study on improving the information system of Public Finances and reducing parallelism, informational ballast, and bureaucracy.