The Balneofiziokinetotherapy and Medical Recovery program within the “Dimitrie Cantemir” University of Târgu Mureș was established in 2017. The study program was authorized by the G.D. no. 615/2017 and has the mission to train professionals in this field.
Balneo-fizio-kinetotherapy and Medical Recovery is an extremely attractive specialization, being intensely demanded on the labor market, domestically and in Europe, in medical institutions, in the bases of treatment and recovery in polyclinics and hospitals, in balneoclimateric resorts, offices and private recovery services and recovery, in care and social assistance institutions.
In the “Dimitrie Cantemir” University Campus, the practice laboratories provided in this program for the entire study cycle are prepared.
The Balneofiziokinetotherapy and Medical Recovery specialization, trains specialists for:
- performing the necessary determinations to establish the functional diagnosis as well as its monitoring.
- kinetotherapy programs adapted to the pathology established by the doctor.
- creation and performance of individualized massage programs.
- creation and performance of hydrothermal therapy programs in accordance with the pathology within the integrated recovery treatment program.
- implementation of electrotherapy protocols developed by the specialist doctor.
- training patients to use orthoses, prostheses, and other devices to facilitate current activities.